I was able to buy a good deal at pakyaw.com.ph (one of the groupon site in the Philippines). The promo was Sun Cruises’ Manila Bay Cruise! originally priced at Php550 and I was able to purchase the deal at Php188 (66% off, whereas I was able to save Php362.
The promo was very timely in celebration for my Mama’s birthday.
Based on my research over the Internet, you are really paying for the 1 hour and 15 minute experience so don’t expect much on the food, although the cruise package comes with set dinner. With that as a mindset all 21 of us took the second trip at the Manila Bay Sunset Cruise of aboard M/V Spirit of Manila. Yes, we are all 21 in all – well, that is how we usually are in our family; we would usually go by that numbers though it is just typical malling. Family bonding to the max I might say…..it is really happy and fun to have a big family.
I reserved our slot 2 weeks ahead of our desired schedule. There are 3 trips:
- 1st sailing: 4:30pm to 5:45pm
- 2nd sailing: 6:15pm to 7:30pm
- 3rd sailing: 8:00pm to 9:15pm
We selected the 2nd trip, just in time to capture the fireworks at MOA, the captivating sunset and the lights of nearby buildings which is an attraction in itself.
The schedule started promptly, but we are advice to be there earlier for the registration. There is also ample parking for your vehicles just in case you will be bringing one.
It is the first time of our kids and teens to travel thru water, so that along was an experienced to cherish.
The dinner was served promptly and since we did not expect much on the food, we are not disappointed. The serving was small but it was delicious. But that is fine since we also had plans to eat out after the cruise.
An acoustic duo was aboard to provide entertainment. The singer’s voice is soothing and provides an ambiance to the entirety of the cruise. We also asked her to sing a Happy Birthday to our Mama who was basically crying her heart’s out due to happiness.
After the dinner, of course comes the camera whoring. We moved towards the front part of the ship and of we do the strutt.
– reserve early to really get the time desired. We originally planned i the birthday of my Mama but it was already fully booked so we had delayed our cruise 2 weeks after.
– be there 30 minutes early
– get on the ship ahead of others so you can have the best seat. Although you are reserved the table seats are on a first come first serve basis.
– during reservation, choose upper deck. It is always nice to feel the breeze of the air during the cruise. Lower deck btw is air conditioned.
– for a voracious eater like my family, don’t expect much on the food, the serving is really small. So be there full or have a plan B eat out right after.
To cap our experience, it was indeed a moment to cherish. Any moment spent with my family is always the best. Too bad that my OFW hubby was not with.
After our Manila Bay Cruise, we headed to Dampa Macapagal for our Plan B – the real family dinner to the max
On a sad note though the experience is worthwhile, I can’t help but be saddened with the sad plight of Manila Bay, although you will not see it at night. We are there early so we sat that There are lots of garbage floating.Just to do our share to Mother Nature we advise our kids to be responsible in throwing their waste. This makes them aware of the little things they can do to save Mother Earth.