It has been my 6th year that I have attended our company’s annual planning. Unlike other companies who really splurge a lot on the venue, our boss just opt to have it at the University Hotel at UP Diliman Campus. I am not complaining though but of course it would be a lot sweet and nice if we can have it somewhere else, away from the hustle and bustle of the city. Of course, we want a “maiba lang feel”. It is my 3rd time at UP Hotel and their 4th.
Advantage(s) for me:
- UP Hotel is very accessible to all of us and we can go home easily right after the planning (not to mention the fact that it is within my turf – the North area – me being from Bulacan)
- It is also offers ample parking.
- The price is also modest and affordable as well.
- If you are coming from faraway destination, they can accommodate you in their hotel rooms.
- The venue is so conducive for sleeping….for an insomniac like me this is a haven (this will turn as a disadvantage pag nahuli ka ng boss mo na natutulog while the planning is ongoing).
- WIFI is available.
- Brewed coffee is over flowing..pampagising sa oras de peligro.
- The staffs that we met were cordial….consolation iyan sa isang sakto lang na venue.
Other than that, it is just another business as usual.
- The food is so so boring, taste likes hospital food. The spaghetti tasted like really close to pasta literally dipped in catsup…This being our early morning breakfast is a bad start. Looks appetizing though, but the taste forget about it it is a real miss. I hope that the canteen management will see this constructively. the lunch is just OK, nothing spectacular or remarkable.
- The venue is so conducive for sleeping….for an insomniac like me this is a haven (this will turn as a disadvantage pag nahuli ka ng boss mo na natutulog while the planning is ongoing) – replay lang ito it is also listed as an advantage.
- Gapang WIFI is available. – syempre talagang gagapang kasi lahat siguro ng mga nag seseminar sa UP Hotel naka konek, paupdate update sa FB to let others know na nasa UP Hotel ka. syempre update mode din sa foursquare…
This is not your place if you are looking for:
- a state of the art meeting venue. Safe to say it is more of “pwede na”
- Team Building activities
O Sya wala na din namang magagawa here are just some of the snippets of our planning.
Brewed coffee – that I personally whipped really save my day.
Hindi po ako kumakanta, I was actually presenting our group’s 2012 Management Report and 2013 Strategic Planning presentation…..
My Officemates cam-whoring…another sistemang pangtanggal antok sa oras de peligro…While the others are dead serious, 2 of my inaanaks are makin pacute
But at the end of the day, it is more of what transpired during the strategic planning, pero syempre iba pa din kung mas OK sa alright ang venue. Sana naman sa susunod maiba naman….Well, medyo bawi naman sa after planning kasi naglate merienda (or shall I say early dinner) kami…Next Stop – Via Mare kami – hmmmm payback yummy time. What have you..we have crispy pata for meryenda hmmmm.
After the planning session, I really do hope that it springs good and positive result for this year of 2013
“A goal without a plan is just a wish.”
― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry